Come to Greece for a week of late summer warmth, expert tuition and deep discussion. We are joining with the University of the Aegean in Syros, Greece, to run a summer/autumn course on information design, 30 September to 4 October 2013.
Modern life is saturated with complex information and data. For information to have the most impact, it must be easy to find, simple to use and instant to understand. In short, information needs to be designed.
Information design has developed as a specialist field, with a growing research literature and critical tradition. However, specialist education and training in information design is hard to find and many people come to it from another aspect of design or some other profession entirely. As a result, people who want to develop their expertise can find themselves isolated, without access to expert help, and often without like-minded colleagues.
• Prof Ioannis Darzentas > Systems thinking, knowledge management, human-computer interaction
• Dr Jenny Darzentas > Usability, user-testing, accessibility, design for all, interface design
* Prof Clive Richards > Diagramming, visualisation, design education
* Prof Karel van der Waarde > Health and pharmaceutical information. User-testing, regulation of design, design education Karel van der Waarde is Professor of Visual Rhetoric at Avans University of Applied Sciences.
• Jenny Waller > Simplifying complex documents, management communications, editorial structures, skills training
* Dr Rob Waller > Financial and government information, design patterns and genres, wayfinding